The AAPT are delighted to announce the theme for poster entries for Cardiff 2017: Social Media Guidance
Hints and tips:
• Make sure the title and Mortuary’s name are prominent and eye-catching
• Tell a story: provide clear flow of information from introduction to conclusion
• Focus on your major findings - a common fault is to try to cover too much. Few delegates are going to read everything on your poster, so get to the point.
• Use graphs, tables, diagrams and images where appropriate. Use boxes to isolate and emphasise specific points.
• If you add an NHS logo, follow the guidelines provided by your trust.
• Your Medical illustration department may be able to help you.
• Use all the space at your disposal, but do not cram in the content - white space is an important part of the layout, and good use of it can make a poster elegant and arresting.
• Use colour sparingly - limited use of a few colours is more striking than a 'rainbow' approach. Think about why you are using colour; it is especially useful for emphasis and differentiation.
o Avoid colour combinations that clash (e.g. red on blue) or cause problems for people with colour-blindness (e.g. red and green in proximity).
• Use white or muted colour background (e.g. pastel shades)
• The flow of information should be clear from the layout; if you have to use arrows to indicate the flow, the content could probably be arranged better.
• Clearly label diagrams/drawings and provide references to them in the text where necessary.
• The title text should be readable from 6 metres away - at least 48-point text. (Note that you are creating your poster in A3 format
• The body text should be readable from 2 metres away - at least 24-point text
• Choose a clear font with large inner space (i.e. the space inside the loops of letters such as 'o', 'd', ‘p'). Good examples are Arial, Verdana, Georgia or Helvetica.
• Ensure the poster is NO larger than A3 size. A laminated final presentation is to be posted / mailed to: - Mrs Deborah James, Mortuary, Eastbourne District General Hospital, Kings Drive, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 2UD
• Email a copy of your presentation & completed entry form to email@example.com no later than the 31st August 2017
• All entries will be displayed at the AAPT Annual Conference in Cardiff on 30th September 2017. They will be judged at the Conference and the winning presentation will be displayed on the AAPT website.