For conference this year, the AAPT decided to run a poster competition. All mortuaries were encouraged to submit a poster on the subject of “HTA Best Practices”, which was judged at conference by Dr Pravat Bhattacharyya, HTA Regulation Manager.
Our mortuary submitted a poster on the subject of Consent, specifically what is required prior to sitting down to have a difficult conversation for consent and to be able to make it a positive experience for all concerned.
The idea was to produce a poster that made the consent seeker question all aspects for the discussion:-
• Is the appropriate person being asked for consent?
• Am I the right person to have this conversation and seek consent?
• Are there any barriers to overcome and can I put something in place to enhance the discussion?
• Do I require other professional input?
• Have I got enough time to give without being disturbed?
By getting the best person involved for consent taking and removing barriers prior to seeking consent it will produce a discussion that can be open, honest clear and objective and a valid consent can be gained.
The poster needed to be informative, eye catching and aesthetically pleasing.
We produced our poster with Microsoft publisher and our medical illustrations department was able to help us out in producing the A3 laminated printed copy.
We were delighted to win and you can find the poster as a downloadable file here
East Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust